Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Analysts are also often referred to as SEO Auditors or Site Auditors.
Site audit consultants assist companies with understanding the value of their online presence, where companies could potentially improve the returns from their website, and what types of services would be able to assist improving their online marketing initiatives.
Using a Professional Site Audit Consultant helps companies ensure that they understand just how valuable their website is and what can be done to increase its value.
Site Audit Consultants focus on improving many various aspects of a company’s website to maintain a stronger presence, increase conversions from those visiting your website, and ensuring that the website maintains standards.
An SEO Analyst will focus on the following core SEO tasks on websites:
- Crawlability: Technical aspects of SEO such as, 301 redirects, 404 errors, site speed, server responsiveness, no-follow and no-index directives.
- Rankability: On-page optimization such as keyword research, title and description tags, H1, and keyword density/frequency.
- Content Marketing: Inbound marketing focus around giving input on quality content and then working on off-site optimization such as link acquisition & content sharing to promote that content.
- Usability and Conversion Optimisation: Focusing on data to improve site layout, functionality and conversions tied to business objectives.
- Measurability: Define key metrics and translate SEO results into business objectives and ROI.
Typical Requirements for an SEO Analyst include:
- Hands-on SEO experience with a strong technical focus.
- Experience with analytics (Google Analytics), rank monitoring, and database tools, including the leading SEO software tools.
- HTML skills.
- Site audit experience
- Qualification in statistics, economics, accounting, math, engineering, market research or other data-driven field.
- Experience creating and executing search marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge with technical aspects of search engines.
- Familiarity with Google webmaster tools.
- Experience working with and optimizing SEO within CMS environments.
- Experience with A/B and/or multivariate testing.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel